RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to
provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to
establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events.
These rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by
participating in these events, all participants are deemed
to have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR
COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are
intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in
no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant,
spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinions do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
2018 BMS Mini Stock/4 Cylinders
1. Wheel well may be enlarged to clear tires.
2. Doors may be gutted to add door bars. Must have 4 driver side bars and 3 bars on passenger side.
3. FULL STOCK (stock appearing) floor pan back past the rear end. Patching or plugging may be steel, aluminum. NO TUBE CHASSIS ALLOWED!
4. FULL STOCK (stock appearing) Steel fire wall in stock location.
5. ALL body panels must be represented with stock appearance, may use steel or aluminum.
6. All spoilers must be lower than 6" in height as measured from the deck line and cannot exceed the length of the deck.
7. Rub rails "flush" against the door panels only ok.
8. NO changing of frames from 0" in front of the "A" frame to the back of the rear spring.
9. You must have a shield to completely separate the driver from the radiator, radiator must remain in the engine compartment.
10. CARBURETOR AND INTAKE: 4412 Holley 2 barrel or stock factory carbs, 2 barrel only. Bottom of carburetor can be no larger than 1 11/16" diameter. Must be stock Ventura 1 3/8". Gas tank must be in steel container in the trunk of the car. Fuel cell Mandatory. Pump gas or racing fuel only. No alcohol or Nitro or oxidizers of any kind. NO AFTERMARKET INTAKES. Stock intake only. The only alterations that must occur directly under the carburetor to allow for after market carburetor. (I.E. 4412 Holley, etc) STAY OUT OF THE RUNNERS. Two inch spacers/adapter is allowed.
11. Battery MUST be in the rear of the car separated from the driver and COMPLETELY SECURED.
12. Door must be welded or bolted shut.
13. Motors: Stock block and stock heads, NO TURBOS, no stroked or de-stroked short blocks allowed. Stock crankshafts only (balancing allowed). NO lightened, knife edged, etc.. cranks. Ford to Ford, Chevy to Chevy, and so on. Any length steel rod allowed. Any pulleys allowed. Engine must be in stock location, no moving it back. FLAT TOP or DISHED PISTONS ONLY! Front wheel drive cars with any and or all twin cams, multi valves per cylinder or fuel injection will be allowed to compete provided that all engine and computer controlled components are completely factory stock. No Rear wheel drive with the previous mentioned items allowed. Head may be shaved any competition valve job is allowed. All angles must be concentric to the valve guide. Any stock diameter steel valve is allowed. Stock means Stock head and stem for the head in question. NO aftermarket roller lifters or cam followers allowed. NO gasket matching or porting of any kind allowed in the heads and or intake other then what has been described . Must have 1" inspection plug in the oil pan for crankshaft inspection. Must be located with access for tech official.
14. TRANSMISSIONS: Factory stock automatic with stock factory torque converters. NO lockup converters allowed. Factory stock standard with all gears functioned including reverse. Any flywheel any safe clutch, pressure plate!! NO ram couplers.
15. Headers: Any header is allowed.
16. Wheelbase must be factory stock.
17. Wheels may not exceed 8" and must be steel! Grooving punch 55 or higher! No more than 9" of tread width! BEADLOCK WHEELS ALLOWED ON THE RIGHT REAR ONLY. 1 INCH LUG NUTS MANDATORY.
18. NO four wheel drives or engines in rear allowed
19. SPRINGS: Springs may be after market. No wedge bolts or spring adjusters allowed. MAY USE SPRING SPACERS, Rear leaf spring cars are allowed lower/lift blocks and multi hole shackles. NO sliders or adjustable lowering blocks allowed.
20: CAMSHAFT: Must use unaltered OEM hydraulic lifters only, hydraulic cams allowed. NO solid lift cams allowed unless it came stock in that year car. Solid lift cams may not exceed .470 lift and will be measured as follows, Ford cam lobe, base circle, x 1.66rocker ratio. Toyota cam lobe base circle x 1.55 rocker ratio.
21. SHOCKS: Must be stock. NO racing shocks. Must mount in stock position.
22. MUST HAVE RACING SEAT & SEAT BELTS. Seat & Belts must be fastened to roll cage.
23. Rear body panel must be enclosed from deck lid to rear bumper.
PROTESTING: A complete motor tear down to inspect all components include the rods and crankshaft (lower - end) head and related components, bore and stroke will cost $250. A partial motor teardown (head and related components). Bore and stroke will cost $125. A complete inspection of the chassis and related components will cost $125. THE DRIVER PROTESTING MUST HAVE PARTICIPATED IN TWO PREVIOUS RACES AT THE TRACK, MUST HAVE FINISHED IN THE TOP FIVE AND CAN ONLY PROTEST A FINISHING POSITION AHEAD OF HIS/HER OWN. THE DRIVER GETTING PROTESTED HAS 5 MIN TO PROTEST DRIVER PROTESTING HIM, IF HE/SHE WISHES. DRIVER MUST HAVE THE $250/$125 IN THERE POSSESSION WHEN ENTERING TECH AREA!
24. WEIGHT: ALL CARS MUST WEIGH 2500 LBS - MANDATORY
25. Drive shaft must be painted white. Must have drive shaft loop.
26. Stock front ends and stock swing arms must be factory stock only.
27. Brakes may have 3 or 4 working brakes - NO adjustable proportioning valves allowed.
28. Fuel pumps may be stock or electric. If you have an electric pump you must have a oil pressure shut - off switch.
29: Rear-end must be stock OEM type rear-end. Locked rear-end are allowed - 9 INCH OK! NO TRACTION CONTROL OF ANY KIND.
30. May use a three quarters inch length shaft with quick release steering wheel. QUICK STEER O.K.