2019 Front Wheel Drive Rules
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
The rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed
to provide for the orderly conduct of racing events and to
establish minimum acceptable requirements for such events. These
rules shall govern the condition of all events, and by
participating in these events, all participants are deemed to
have complied with these rules. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY
OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH
THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS. They are intended as a guide for
the conduct of the sport and are in no way a guarantee against
injury or death to a participant, spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinions do not alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
2019 Batesville Motor Speedway Front Wheel Drive Rules
1. Any Front Wheel Drive passenger car foreign or domestic must be completely stock as manufactured, engine, drive train, suspension and fuel system,, except as noted below. NO turbos. NO rear or mid engine vehicles.
2. All glass, mirrors, body molding and trim must be removed. Interior must be removed, but the dash may remain and be modified for roll cage clearance.
3. A box type (6) point roll cage of at least 1 ½ inch x .095 wall steel tubing is required, and should be attached to the floor with ¾ x 4x8 inch plates. Heavy angle or square tubing may be used. No threaded pipe or pluming joints may be used. Cage must meet tech approval. Must have door bars on both sides. Driver side must have three (3) bars 1 ½ x.095 tubing. Passenger side may be "X" but must have Three (3) bars. The roll cage must be box over, behind and in front of the driver. The hoop behind the driver must have a diagonal brace. Roof hoop must have center bar. Extra cockpit bracing is allowed.
4. Door must be welded or chained shut. Windshield must be replaced and three (3) ⅜ inch diameter bars must be in front of the driver. High wire mesh should also be added.
5. Strut towers, hubs and wheel centers may be reinforced. Larger wheel studs recommended.
6. Passenger car tires only, no low profile tires. Minimum inflation for all tires shall be 30PSI at all times. No grooving or siping tires.
7. Fuel cell in steel can may be used in place of OEM fuel tank and must be mounted in the trunk. Must have fire wall between the tank and driver.
8. Battery may be relocated. If in driver compartment it must be completely enclosed.
9. Racing seat mandatory with 5 point racing harness. Seat or seat belts must mount to frame or roll cage. Window net is highly recommended. Drivers must ware approved driver safety equipment equipment. Must have fire extinguisher.
10. Cars must have readable numbers.