2019 Front Wheel Drive Rules
RULE BOOK DISCLAIMER
rules and/or regulations set forth herein are designed to provide
for the orderly conduct of racing events and to establish minimum
acceptable requirements for such events. These rules shall govern
the condition of all events, and by participating in these events,
all participants are deemed to have complied with these rules. NO
EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM
PUBLICATIONS OF OR COMPLIANCE WITH THESE RULES AND OR REGULATIONS.
They are intended as a guide for the conduct of the sport and are in
no way a guarantee against injury or death to a participant,
spectator, or official.
The race director shall be empowered to permit reasonable and
appropriate deviation from any of the specifications herein or
impose any further restrictions that in his/her opinions do not
alter the minimum acceptable requirements. NO EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED
WARRANTY OF SAFETY SHALL RESULT FROM SUCH ALTERATION OF
SPECIFICATIONS. Any interpretation or deviation of these rules is
left to the discretion of the officials. Their decision is final.
2019 Batesville Motor Speedway Front Wheel Drive Rules
1. Any Front Wheel Drive passenger car foreign or domestic must be
completely stock as manufactured, engine, drive train, suspension
and fuel system,, except as noted below. NO turbos. NO rear or mid
2. All glass, mirrors, body molding and trim must be removed.
Interior must be removed, but the dash may remain and be modified
for roll cage clearance.
3. A box type (6) point roll cage of at least 1 � inch x .095 wall
steel tubing is required, and should be attached to the floor with �
x 4x8 inch plates. Heavy angle or square tubing may be used. No
threaded pipe or pluming joints may be used. Cage must meet tech
approval. Must have door bars on both sides. Driver side must have
three (3) bars 1 � x.095 tubing. Passenger side may be "X" but must
have Three (3) bars. The roll cage must be box over, behind and in
front of the driver. The hoop behind the driver must have a diagonal
brace. Roof hoop must have center bar. Extra cockpit bracing is
4. Door must be welded or chained shut. Windshield must be replaced
and three (3) ⅜ inch diameter bars must be in front of the driver.
High wire mesh should also be added.
5. Strut towers, hubs and wheel centers may be reinforced. Larger
wheel studs recommended.
6. Passenger car tires only, no low profile tires. Minimum inflation
for all tires shall be 30PSI at all times. No grooving or siping
7. Fuel cell in steel can may be used in place of OEM fuel tank and
must be mounted in the trunk. Must have fire wall between the tank
8. Battery may be relocated. If in driver compartment it must be
9. Racing seat mandatory with 5 point racing harness. Seat or seat
belts must mount to frame or roll cage. Window net is highly
recommended. Drivers must ware approved driver safety equipment
equipment. Must have fire extinguisher.
10. Cars must have readable numbers.